Progress Rail Services Corp. Facility Registered Nurse in Winston Salem, North Carolina
Auto req ID: 3993BR
Posting Title: Facility Registered Nurse
Job Category: Environmental/Health/Safety
City: Winston Salem
State: North Carolina
Alternative Work Location: Winston Salem
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for providing emergency response care, first aid and episodic treatment of occupational injuries and illnesses. RN will maintain accurate records related to OSHA, worker's compensation and corporate reporting.
Key Job Elements
• Performs design analysis;
• Case management of occupational and non-occupational illnesses or injuries;
• Compliance with federal and state regulatory programs and company directives;
• Assist with Leaves of Absences and ADA accommodation requests;
• Maintain, review, and record OSHA 300 log as necessary;
• Coordinate various medical programs such as Hearing Conservation, Heavy Metals, etc.;
• Triage and treatment of occupational injury and illness;
• Assist with the management of ERTW (early return to work) program;
• Manage FMLA leaves of absence;
• New hire pre-employment program including review of health history, urine drug screen collections and nursing assessments;
• Random, Probable Cause/Post Accident urine drug screen collections and breath alcohol testing;
• Medical case management services, coordination of and scheduling of off-site visits and follow-ups as necessary for:
• Medical treatment performed off-site;
• Rehabilitation performed off-site;
• Specialist care performed off-site;
• Provide wellness activities to include:
• Blood pressure monitoring;
• Nutrition and fitness/exercise education;
• Smoking Cessation resources;
• Immediate Care/Same-day Sick Care;
• On-Call Health Services hotline coverage
• Health Services hotline patient management and follow-up.
• Care will be provided for minor acute illness and injury;
- Flu vaccine and other routine immunizations will be provided.
Education / Training
• Registered Nurse with valid RN license and CPR certification;
• COHN certification preferred.
Qualifications and Experience
• 3-5 years Emergency Room or Occupational Health experience;
• High level of initiative and sound independent judgment;
• Demonstrated analytical ability;
• Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills;
• Good computer and problem solving skills, working knowledge of Microsoft Office modules.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities